Friday, December 4, 2009

Is this successful eye surgery?

Nor had I spoken to any individuals who wished they had never had the procedure — of which, I have since learned, there are plenty.
On April 13, 2007, I had the surgery. Dr. Belmont’s colleague examined me the next day. My vision was a little blurry, but apparently that was normal. Dr. Belmont said that everything looked good on subsequent visits, too. But the blurriness never went away.
At night, I saw halos around streetlights; neon signs bled; the moon had two rings around it like Saturn. My eyes felt sore, a result of dry eye, which also causes sporadic blurriness.
Dr. Belmont told me that sometimes women of a certain age who are undergoing hormonal changes or who take certain medications get dry eye. It would have been nice if I’d known my advanced age (39) might be problematic before I sat in the chair.
I cut out all prescription and nonprescription pills. Didn’t help. The doctor told me to use Refresh Plus, over-the-counter drops that temporarily help dry eye. The drops cost around $12 a box; I go through two boxes a week. She also prescribed Restasis eye drops, which can help increase tear production. They didn’t for me.
True, I no longer wear glasses. But the 20/20 line on the eye chart is blurry. I can make it out only if I squint, and it takes about a minute to read. My doctor views this as proof of the surgery’s success.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above story is from a woman who had eye surgery, and the true story was published after her doctor put it down as being a success ,, did it go on the record as such? As for that matter, there is no national data base to record failures on !! So where do they get the 94 percent success rate? From the woman above?, from me? Horrible system when so many of us can be harmed and these types of doctors keep on going
Protect yourselves,, do not go to these greedy money hungry butchers.. My experience was with Dr Porter and Dr Downing at the Downing McPeak vision center, here in Bowling Green , this is the main body of it. I know what she means, see when I went to Dr Porter , he also told me my surgery was a sucess !! And that the vision would improve,, etc yada yada yada,, then went to one of the owners of the center Dr Downing who tried to " improve " my outcome , which at least they were admitting that I had gotten cme and now my vision went from 20/40 to 20/100 with the likelihood of getting worse !! Not what I consider success Porter and Downing are in Bowling Green KY ,surgery at Glasgow,, at a center they own so that they can be even more greedy and cover up their mistakes even more easily !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or questions